After 30 years without a classroom addition Ottawa Township High School was in need of more classroom space for students, and with a change to a closed campus lunch program the old cafeteria, located in the basement, was no longer large enough to handle 1600 students.
Achieved LEED Gold Certification Winner: 2010 Biennial AIA Distinguished Building Award for Sustainability Eastern Illinois Chapter AIA
When Potash Corporation wanted to create a multi-use facility to provide for local office, safe haven and sales training at its Marseilles plant, they called on BC&A Architects to design the 7400 sf state of the art facility. The final design includes private offices, a board room, and a large flexible conference room. When BC&A suggested LEED certification, they agreed that pursuit of LEED certification fit with the corporate commitment to sustainability.
In an effort to improve the municipal water supply the the City of Ottawa commissioned a project to install a reverse-osmosis filtration system. To accommodate four 10’x25’x10’ filter racks, pumping equipment, chemical storage, and quality control laboratory, it was necessary to construct an addition to the existing water plant. The city administration required that the new addition blend with the existing structure which had served as an important architectural icon for the heavily traveled eastern entrance to Ottawa.